Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fun in Utah

Well, about a month ago, we took a road trip to Salt Lake for Cindy's wedding reception. It was fun to see her and AJ's new place, and to visit with them. We also took the opportunity to see two very close friends of mine. I always think that if we ever have to move anywhere, I would pick Utah because I still have several good friends that have settled down there.


As you can see, the car ride over had its ups and downs...














We figured out later that Mason's ears were probably not popping since it was in the mountains, it was so sad listening to him scream, and not being able to take him out.









Traveling with a little one meant taking more stops than usual...this time, we just stopped by the side of the highway and stretched our legs in the gravel.













The first full day there, we met my old roommate, Christy Lyman Lowe a
t an all you can eat Chinese Buffet. It was so fun to talk about the many fun times that we shared being roommates for a year in the Colony. Christy is such a good example to me, and I always feel so comfortable talking to her, and we have a great time!





The next morning, my MTC mission companion, Tasha and her husband, Christopher, invited us over for yummy French Toast. We were able to see the condo that they purchased for themselves.

Tasha, Mason and I chatted away and played in the grass while David helped Christopher and a friend fix a bicycle. The times that Tasha and I spent serving together brought us close, and it truly feels as if we are sisters.


Both Christy and Tasha are the type of friends that my mom always told me about. The ones where you can not talk to them for months, or even years, but you just start right up where you left off when you get together.

I feel so blessed to have experienced many such friendships throughout my life, I would count most people that read this blog as good friends like that. I wish that I still saw everyone as frequently as I did at one point!








That night was the reception, held on the U of U campus. Cindy looked gorgeous and so happy! It is so wonderful to see her and AJ starting out their life in such a joyful way!







Here is a picture of Mason having fun playing with his Daddy at the reception.













And then later that night, at Winger's, when my parents so generously took us all out.



1 comment:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love this blog all the pictures are so cute and I am so glad you guys were out here, it was so fun. we can't wait to be out in a few weeks!