Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our new place















Well...as always, I am slow on the updates. I decided to just take some pictures tonight after the boys went to bed and post. It's been a busy past week, but a fun one.

We ended up driving out to Provo on Monday, 4/20. This was a little later than we had planned; we had to postpone because of the weather. We didn't really want to chance driving a huge truck and our angels over the mountains when it was supposed to be icy.
We have a lot of stuff. So...we had to rent the largest truck that we could. David and Brandon spent a lot of hard work loading it. We are so grateful that Brandon was able to help us, we couldn't have done it without him!




As you can see, they also had another little helper. Mason was SOOO excited to help load the truck. He went non-stop bringing in random toys and other things that he could carry.


Carter would have loved to help, too...but we decided it was better for Aunt Cindy to entertain him. Thank you again, Cindy!

I didn't take too many pictures of the unloading or trip over, and if i did, they are on the other camera.
Here are my three boys in our hammock after a long day of driving and unloading. David and I bought this hammock on our honeymoon in Costa Rica and this is the first time that we've been able to use it.
Now...please excuse the mess, but here are some pictures of the house.
Here is the family room. We were excited that our couch, tv, and piano fit with room to spare!













Here is the kitchen...there is a dishwasher in the shed. I have never heard of this kind, but I guess it's one that you hook to the kitchen faucet, so it's removable. We will hopefully be moving it in soon. My only complaint is that there is no disposal :( but I'm sure we'll get used to that.
There is a TON of storage and pantry space so we are happy about that!














Off the side of the kitchen (next to the stove) is the laundry room. The washer is in the room, and then the dryer is in a hallway outside of the laundry room. When Daniel described this to me, I was kind of confused, but it works out great!










Here's the little hallway and dryer.
Above the dryer are some deep shelves where we put our Christmas and Halloween decorations and camping stuff.
Now I asked you earlier to please excuse the mess...but I am serious this time.. Right to the left of the dryer is our toyroom. I am REALLY excited about this. Now the kids toys don't have to be in the family room the whole time. This is the room that we have worked the least with during unpacking, we just throw any random toys we find in...and the boys have been havin fun. But try to imagine it all picked up: (How did we accumulate so much in just 3 years??)
Now...for Mason's favorite part, by far....our big backyard!....and the best part is the little sandbox that you can see at the far side of this picture. Mason has already spent hours out there! We only wish that his cousins could be playing with him. Even though we are excited to be in our new home...we will really miss seeing my familly every day and especially being so close to Brandon, Diana and their kids. :(
I didn't include a picture of the office/extra storage room or the bedrooms. That will have to be for another time.
Any of you Utah-residents...we would love to see you!














11 comments:

Katie said...

Your house looks cute! I love how big the backyard is, I'm sure the boys love that. I can't wait to see your house and to have you guys so close next fall :)

Diana said...

Yay pictures! It looks like you guys have a lot of space! I love the pictures of Mason helping to load the truck. Those are so cute =) I can't beleive all those toys! Lol They are going to have a fun playroom to play in. I am glad that you are getting settled, and enjoying your new place. We miss you guys so much! =(

Kim said...

We will have to get together sometime. We are just up the freeway a little bit from you. Good luck in continuing to get settled. How great to have a toy room. I would LOVE that!!!

AJ and Cindy said...

Your house is so cute, I am so happy you guys found it. I know you have one,but I totally don't remember seeing a refrigerator in the kitchen when we came down. I can't stop thinking about, please reassure me that you do have one! haha We are so happy to have you close by!!

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!! I have to get your address to come see you! I'm So excited!! Call me if I can help with anything!! did i mention how EXCITED I am! :)

The Layton Family said...

Your new home looks great! We are so happy for you. I would love that toy room and the massive back yard! Way to go!!!

Babzanne Barker said...

Looks like all your research paid off and you have found the perfect house. How cute to see Mason unloading--hopefully he will never lose that love of helping! We miss our little boys!! And of course you and David, too! I bet the landlord would love it if David installed a garbage disposal--although all the cupboards and pantry space almost makes up for it.

Mark and Kyra Herbst said...

Yay! You're in UTAH!!! Next time I am there, I'm giving you a call. Good luck with all the moving-in fun. Hey, did you hear about the AYM 10-year anniversary celebration?

. said...

woah!!! that house looks so spacious and big! WE had one of those dishwashers growing up - looks like you'll have some fun using it. :)

Jill Lewis said...

Yeah! It looks great! I'm sure it feels good to be a little more settled and to have found a great place to live. Best Wishes!

AO said...

Kristalyn, we need to have you guys over for dinner some Sunday. When you geta bit more settled in, shoot me an email and we can get together and have you over for dinner, if you want to drive up to Taylorsville. NO excuse not to have 3 cute boys together!