Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Carter

Carter is 2 years old and growing up so fast! He loves to sing, eat sweets (like his mommy), Caillou, play with his big brother and little sister, nursery, and sleeping in his brother's bed.

He has quite the vocabulary and is always saying things that make us laugh. Here are some of his latest:

He is deathly afraid of lawn mowers at the park and screams so everyone in the park thinks he is hurt. When I rush over to see what's wrong, he points to the lawn mower and says that it is going to smash him.

"T-rex is driving a car!" haha He kept saying this over and over and over to Forrest when we were driving up to SLC one day.

"Awwww....I have a little friend!" At the park when he was playing with another little kid.

"Ok, let's go home" at movies

He is scaring me with a fake bee, I say "that's not funny!" he says "that sure is funny!" giggling. :)

Sometimes I sing the wonder pet song (if you have heard it you may know that it is catchy,) but instead i insert my kids' names. Sometimes Carter gets very upset and insists, "No!! I am not a wonder pet!!"

"can you wash these" referring to his bowl of banana "buttons" (slices). I ask him "what happened did they fall on the ground?" (I have washed off peaches and apples when they have fallen.) "yeah they just fell on some nasty things."

I was just talking about how I don't like rattlesnakes (Mason was making a trap for one), I bent over to pick up some laundry and Carter patted my shoulder and said, "Mommy, you're safe. Don't worry!"

"I'm dying" when he was afraid of David's remote control monster truck.

Mason has been saying "I'm thankful for monster trucks" lately in his prayers, whenever Carter hears it, he immediately yells at the top of his voice, "I HATE monster trucks!" (David has one that is remote controlled and about to Carter's chest that Carter is terrified of).

Sometimes I get tired (imagine that!) :) in the day and will try to take a few minutes to lie down and regain some energy. Lately, whenever Carter finds me, he comes up and sweetly says, "you taking a little rest, Mommy?"

3 comments:

Diana said...

He sure has a personality all of his own! You forgot when we were on our way to Red Robbin and he was singing over and over "Reeeed Robin, mmmmmmmm" I told that story to Alexis and she thought it was so funny that she has told it to many people =) We miss you guys!

Babzanne Barker said...

Such sweet sweet memories! I loved how he told you you were safe and not to worry. Little boys can be so protective of their moms!

AJ and Cindy said...

Carter is so sweet, I remember when he was born and I came to visit and I just held him the entire time, I was really wanting to be pregnant, and holding him brought me such happiness during that hard time. we love Carter!