Sunday, January 16, 2011

Random thoughts

Just some random thoughts that I was thinking about and thought I would write down. More for my own journal than anything, so feel free to skip. :)
  • Today in class, we asked the kids to name a prophet, past or present...no one had any guesses. THen one of our sweet kids ventured "Obama?" Umm...no. Thank goodness.
  • Mason almost got hit by a car on Thursday. It was so scary. He is really good about waiting for me to cross the pretty busy street next to our house on the way to and from preschool. Well there is a ton of ice and snow next to the curb, so we were picking our way over that, and i think he didn't realize that I was just crossing over the snow and ice so that we wouldn't have to do that when the way was clear. (This street is pretty busy and we usually have to move pretty quickly when it clears up to get across). Anyways, he just kept going at full speed and there were two cars coming and they were right there. I was like "stop," and then when he didn't, i said it firmer, and finally screamed at the top of my lungs, "STOP!" and that got his attention. It all happened so fast and could have ended so badly. I am grateful for guardian angels and that ours was watching us today!
  • I had a hard VT appointment this week. I had to bring all three kids and we visit this sweet lady. She is probably my grandma's age and kind of reminds me of her. I usually love visiting her, but this time, we were in her front room with breakables in every possible direction. COuple that with my boys not really getting out to play lately 'cuz it's so cold, and the whole visit was spent telling them to sit still and not climb. I did not leave very happy from that...but I did have a good visit with a new sister that we're visiting tonight. She was so welcome and friendly and easy to talk to. I was able to leave my kids at home, but even if they came, she has a baby and seems laid back so I know it wouldn't have been as stressful. The only problem was my companion called me 15 minutes before we were supposed to be there and told me she set up the appointment. This is not the first time this has happened. It all worked out, but would have been nice to have more notice.
  • We got a different cable provider and I was excited to see it has Boomerang, which has shows like Smurfs and Fraggle Rock. It's fun to tell my kids that I used to watch those shows when i was little.
  • I think I may be getting what Kaci had, I've been feeling kind of sick and achy all day. I kind of like it though 'cuz i don't feel much like eating and so hopefully that will help me lose this weight that I'm having such a hard time with. We may even join a gym, so that would be so nice!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe Mason almost got hit by a car :( how scary! I'm sorry you're feeling sick though, let me know if you need any help with the kids when David is at school :) What gym are you thinking about joining? That is really exciting. I've been using a website called myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise and stuff, you should check it out. I hate weight that just doesn't want to disappear :(

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

I'm so glad you shared your thoughts!!! and I'm so glad we get to stay intouch and visit and that I get to see your beautiful kids growing up!! Love you!

Babzanne Barker said...

How scary that Mason had a close call--definitely a blessing that his Guardian Angel decided to go to school with him that day!You are a wonderful mommy--thank you for sharing your day with us. I know it's laughable to say "try and get more sleep" but I do hope you feel better soon! love you!!

Season and Isabella said...

I finally made it to your blog. I love it! I'm so happy to see all your cute pictures! What sweet kiddos you have. So glad to be able to stay in touch this way!