Friday, July 29, 2011

Pioneer Day Highlights and Lowlights


Our Pioneer Day...

Highlights:
  • Winning free passes to the pool for the kids' completing all the pioneer activities
  • Buying frozen bananas covered in chocolate and sharing them with my kids and remembering when I ate them in Disneyland so long ago as a kid. (Mason, Carter, and Kaci had to eat the bananas up before they could get their coveted treat - cotton candy) haha
  • Watching my boys compete in a root beer chugging contest, and Mason standing on his chair and jumping when the Elder in charge yelled "chug, chug, chug" because he thought he said "Jump, jump, jump" :)
  • Country music being played by the band in the park.
  • Watching my kids enjoy themselves
  • Having missionaries dressed in western and pioneer attire help the kids with the activities.
  • Free bottles of water available!
  • Carter's favorite- panning for gold and Mason's favorite - being in jail.
  • Kaci's favorite - riding in the stroller and spending time with her brothers doing big kid things. :)

Lowlights: :)
  • David having to work and be at clinicals all day and night the night before, day of, and night of so we had to go daddy and husband-less.
  • BOTH of my boys getting lost at one time or another. Mason was just going to turn his paper in for a prize and i found him quickly. I was very scared by the time we found Carter. We were playing at the park and he lost sight of me 'cuz i was helping Mason on the monkey bars. he tried to go back to the car (but I didn't know that's what he was doing). We (Me dragging Mason and Kaci) looked frantically all over and finally went to the information booth, where just when we walked up, a volunteer came up carrying Carter. She said she saw him lying on the sidewalk by the crosswalk. I think he was too afraid to cross the street by himself (thank goodness) and was just waiting for us. I am very grateful that my frantic silent prayers were answered that day and we were able to find Carter!
  • Getting yelled at by the owner of the old fashioned fire truck 'cuz Mason was on the top of it. I honestly didn't think about it that that might not be a good idea. :(
  • Forgetting to go to the petting zoo! I can't believe I did that. We were just so tired I guess, but I still can't believe that I forgot!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Wow! What an exhausting sounding day! You're such a good mom to take all three of your kids all by yourself! Your story about Carter getting lost sends shivers up my spine! I can only imagine the terror you must have felt. I'm so glad that angels were watching after him and that he got back to you safely! We can't wait to see you guys next week! =)

AJ and Cindy said...

You are so brave for taking the kids by yourself. I am pretty sure once I have this other baby we will stay home forever...haha JK, that looks like a really fun place though. I am so glad the kids were safe and sound in the end :)

Anonymous said...

extrano tanto a los ninos espero que nos podamos ver pronto!