Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Snakes and Slugs

Around here, snakes and slimy things are pretty common. Unfortunately (for me), our back yard seems to have an endless supply. The boys love finding snakes, but are also very understanding of my aversion toward them and only ask their father for help with these creatures. Kaci has quickly picked up on my phrase of "Ewww" whenever there is a snake, spider, bug, etc., involved, but she is also pretty daring and curious about these too. She loves dressing up in her tutus, but is definitely not afraid to get close to the more yucky things in life. Yes, that is a snake slithering right next to her. If you look closely, you can see that it is being held by Daddy. I would never just sit and take a picture of her that close to a snake if David didn't have the stiuation under tight control. :) I love my boys and am so glad that Kacianna gets to have such fun big brothers. :)

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

ewww, I would be freaked out if I saw snakes like that in my backyard! Good thing your boys are "all boy" and into things like that :) that last picture of Kaci is so cute!

Katie said...

Gross! Kaci is much braver than me.

Daniel said...

ooo, they are so brave! haha. Where I grew up there were a lot of snakes, but I never would even think of picking one up! It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it! I was just telling Daniel that I miss the kiddos so much and can't wait to see them!

Babzanne Barker said...

I miss the kiddos, too!! Please give them all big hugs from Grandma!!