Sunday, July 1, 2007

One of Mason's oldest friends....

Some of our really good friends are the Mattinson's (Ryan, Penny and Madilyn). Ryan and I were friends in highschool, and even worked at Chick-fil-A together. We loosely kept in touch over the years, and when he and his wife, Penny, moved from Utah to Colorado; we started hanging out together as couples. All four of us became fast friends, and the fact that Penny and I were both expecting gave us lots to talk about and lots in common. We saw each other nearly every weekend while we were pregnant; so we know that Mason and Madi are really good friends, too!

Sadly, when they bought their house, it was way up North in Commerce City, which is between 45 minutes and and hour away. Although we still keep in touch, we don't see each other nearly as much as we used to.

A couple weeks ago, I was up in that area for another reason, and so Mason and I stopped by to say hello.




In this picture, I was a week away from going into labor. Penny delivered a little less than four months later.










Here are the four of us, almost exactly a year later. Can you tell which picture we are the most comforatable in? :)










Mason and Madi had such a fun time playing together. We always joke that if they ever end up getting married, we'll have some cute pictures to put in their wedding video!














Here they are, enjoying a nice meal together.

3 comments:

Diana said...

What a cute Post! You guys look so miserable in the picture when you are laying on the couch, but so happy with your little cuties.

whitney said...

hey kristalyn! i hope you remember me, but it's whitney busath and we lived at the colony together way back when. i was really good friends with cat summers. anyway, your little boy is so cute. it's so fun to run into you! you can check out my blog at: benwhitshafer.blogspot.com

Melody said...

Wahoo, you found Lilypie! I Isn't it fun to have a ticker? I look at ours all the time to see how old Cam is. I mean, I know how many months he is, but I don't usually count the weeks and days all on my own, ya know?! ~M