Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chef in the making

I can't think of anyone that I know that is not very good at scrapbooking. Most people seem to be able to produce cute pages of memories for themselves and their families. Me, I just put pictures in an album and label them...and I'm 8 months behind in doing that. So I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not very good at scrapbooking.

I love looking at the finished product, but I am just not very crafty. That's why I was excited about this blog...so I could keep sort of a record about our lives. Well...my handicap in the scrapbook department seems to have slowly moved into my blogging. I was looking over the last couple of months of pictures, and I realized that it's been almost 4 months since I've put up any recent pictures. Don't get me wrong, I still think about different posts that I want to do, and take pictures accordingly...but I just haven't made the effort to put them together. So now I have a couple months worth of pictures and blog ideas that I would like to post. Why do I do this? Who knows. But I guess I have to start somewhere.


So, here are some pictures from August. Mason has always loved stirring things.

He also loves watching me cook, he goes crazy when he hears the oven or microwave timer go off because he knows that I will let him peek in and help decide if the food is ready. So....I took these pictures over a couple days...all in the same week. I know that they are kind of redundant...but I just wanted to show how intent he is. :)









As you can see, Mason likes to have a variety of ingredients for his stews. :)









Eyeball anyone? :)
































Both David and I have the tendency to stick out our tongues when we're concentrating...looks like it's an inherited thing.














Relaxing



















































Once I let him sit up here to watch me cook, he decided that he has to be up there every single time I'm by the stove.



David once made a comment that made me laugh...he was like "does it kind of worry you that our son likes to dance and cook?" Haha...not in the slightest, he also plays with trucks and balls and loves to get dirty...I just thought it was funny how David put it.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Kristalyn, its a darn good thing you're pregnant because you make cute kids. I'm excited for Maggie to be old enough to "watch" me cook. Now she just throws baby tantrums because she wants me to play with her while I'm making dinner.

Garcia's said...

well, as far as the scrapbooking thing goes, you've got me beat. The last time I scrapbooked I was in highschool. That's right, I'm a good 10 years behind.

AO said...

I'm so glad Mason is so well rounded! And I love looking at scrapbooks myself, just not creative to make them enough. I only did a super cute scrapbook from the mission....Can't wait to hook up with you this weekend sometime and meet Mason in person!

Diana said...

How Cute! That first picture looks like Mason has a little black glove on, lol

Emily said...

He is such a cutie! That's funny that he sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating. Jeff & Austin do that too!

Beth said...

Kristalyn, you are too cute. I'm sure that you would be great at scrapbooking if you had the time to commit to it. I'm trying to get into it myself. I've worked a lot on a family book for this year, and I've started on Kayla's book, but I haven't gotten very far. I've decided at this point, I need to worry about organizing all of my thousands of pictures that are printed and then I need to print a TON of my digital ones. Anyway, Mason is adorable, and when I read your posts I always wish we lived closer so that our kids could play together.

Katie said...

This is so cute!! I want to try some of mason's soup he seems to be making in these pictures!! lol and i agree with diana, he looks like he has a black glove on in the first picture. mason's so cute :)

Jill Lewis said...

What a cutie! We have some of the exact same kitchen tools you have and they have become some of Kenneth's favorite toys!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Mason sitting on the counter. He looks like he is ready to help. Mason's a lucky boy to have such a good mom!
I don't have an account yet, but I'm trying to start one--Linsi