Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Emergency room trip avoided

While I'm waiting to get our camera compatible with our computer again, I decided to post these pictures. They are a month or so old, but I never got a chance to post them before Carter was born, so here it is.







Mason is such a little whirlwind! He is constantly moving and doing things. Our neighbor stopped by today and Mason was just standing there looking at her in the 30 seconds that she was at our door. She exclaimed "I don't think I've ever seen Mason stand still for that long."







Anyways, on a Sunday awhile ago, Mason was bending over to pick up something and banged his head against the hinge of the bathroom door. :( It wasn't bleeding too bad, but the cut was pretty deep. We didn't want to go to the emergency room unless it was absolutely necessary-poor little Mason had enough trauma when he had to get his lip stitched up, plus our copay is 100 dollars. We definitely were prepared to take him if we needed to, but we wanted to make sure it was necessary.

We called up my brother-in-law, Brandon, who has his EMT-and has had plenty of experience with injuries of his own, and asked if we could bring Mason over so he could look at it. Of course, he was happy to help. He said that he thought a butterfly bandage would do the trick. So, he and David went out and got the supplies and bandaged him up.







I took this picture of him and I that night. I don't know why my face turned out so red-I'll just blame it on the pregnancy. :)







These pictures are from a day or two later to prove to child services if any one ever reports us because of all of Mason's bumps and bruises that Mason is a happy, well-loved child. :)

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Mason DOES have so much energy! lol Poor guy, I am glad he didn't need stitches again. :( I will never forget when he split his lip, what a crazy night! Miss you guys1

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

I am so glad you are doing better! I so wish we were closer. Mason sure does look like such a happy guy! He probably gets all his energy from you, I remember you were always go, go, go!! I love you!

Beth said...

LOL, with high energy Mason and a new baby - do you ever get to sleep? If anybody can handle it, it's you. You always have so much energy and the best attitude! Glad you were able to dodge the emergency room, and that Mason is smiling and on the road to recovery! :)

Meg said...

I am glad you got to dodge the emergency room. I haven't ever had to go for an injury with my kids so I feel very lucky. I hope you are feeling well,but from what I have heard it is hard to really function. I hope it isn't horrible for you and I agree with Beth if anyone can handle a high energy toddler and a newborn and deal with recovery from a c-section it is you. Hope your camera card and computer become compatible--so we can see pictures of Carter.