Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jumping through the years

When Mason was almost 5 months, we got this 'Hop and Pop' jumper for him.







When Carter was about the same age, we got it out for him. It's so amazing to me that our boys look so different from each other. Both of them got their Daddy's long eyelashes, though, so that's a similarity.

What do you think? Do you see similarities?


























When Mason looked like this...


the day when he would look like





















THIS seemed so far away....yet here it is. I know it's cliche to say...but time really does fly!








Of course Mason wanted to help Carter learn about this new toy. I LOVE Carter's expressions in these next two photos!

















After Carter tried out the traditional Jump-er-oo at some friends' houses, I spent a weekend checking Craig's list and found a great deal. Carter definitely likes the bigger version better, it was definitely a worthwhile investment.

For your viewing pleasure, here are two videos of him jumping in his new jump-er-oo.

You can scroll down on the right hand side of the blog and put the music playing on pause to hear it better.

I promise that I usually don't give Mason a 'treat' just because he asks for one, but I had told him before I started taping Carter that I would give him one. He's eating strawberry marshmallows FYI. :)

Notice how long Carter jumps in the second one, the whole time that I am talking to Mason. That is just a short time compared to how long it usually it. :)

4 comments:

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

WOW!! I think they both have big beautiful eyes and cute big cheeks :) They are so cute I wish Katie could play with them. I love ya!

Diana said...

What cute pictures!! I think they look very different, yet they look related. That jumparoo thing is so cool!

Olivia said...

They really do look a lot different from each other but man are they both so handsome. And they both have such big eyes. I love the Halloween pictures too. I think my favorite ones are where you can see the boys interacting. Its so sweet and reminds me of how Averie interacts with the twins. I need to do better at capturing that instead of discouraging it. She's just so rough sometimes. But its so cute.

AO said...

I totally need to find a jumper thing. My one niece LIVED in one of those things!