Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A goat licked my fingers!

A while ago, Diana's ward had a play group at the Chatfield Botanical Gardens (now that we're private, I don't feel nervous about telling details about our location). As always, Mason, Carter, and I tagged along.
There wasn't really that much to see, but the kids really enjoyed this goat! They were feeding him apples and getting their little fingers in there a little too close, in my opinion. They found out in the end that the goat really likes to eat leaves.

As you can see from this picture, Mason and Levi were pretty thrilled by the whole experience.

When we got home and I was taking Mason out of the car, he excitedly told me that "a goat licked my fingers!" He continued to tell me that every couple minutes for the rest of the day. I told him that that was something that would be fun to tell Daddy when he calls.

A couple days later, when we did receive a call from David, as soon as Mason knew I was on the phone with him, he ran up and exclaimed, "Daddy, a goat licked my fingers!!" What a great memory he has!










2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

That story you told about when he told David makes me cry every time! I am glad you got pictures!

Meg said...

I was shocked to read that David is away from you guys. How hard. I am glad you get to stay with your parents. When does he get done. And I love the goat pics. you guys always seem to be going places. Well I hope all is working out.