Sunday, February 8, 2009

You're a Nice Mommy!


It seems almost cliche to say that I'm way behind on posts-but I am! I just had to jot down some of the cute/hilarious things that Mason has been saying lately. To follow are some posts on Carter and also on both of them.
  • Around Christmas time, whenever Mason could tell that I was getting a little frustrated or that he was pushing me to my limit, he would get a little pout on his face, and say 'No! You're a NICE mommy!' It always made me stop and think twice about my reactions. It was so cute, I'm pretty sure that he just got nice and mean mixed up...but I like to think that he was trying to remind me that I really am a nice mommy!
  • We were on our way to Sunflower Market, and I told Mason that we were going to get some avocados (they were 3 for a dollar, so who could resist?). All through the store, he kept asking when we were going to get the avocados. When we finally got to the display, there 3 other people there picking out avocados from a huge selection. Mason became very worried and said to me "They going to take all the avocados" I told him that no, there were plenty for everyone and that we would definitely get some" He then proceeded to yell at the perfect strangers "Get away, guys!!" The other customers just smiled as I explained to him that we shouldn't yell things like that other people. :)
  • Every night, before bed, Mason starts talking about the morning. He always asks me "Me and Carter going to get our clothes on after we wake up?" When he does wake up in the morning, he often says with wonder "It's already day!" Then he always tries to drag me out of bed, with the exception of this morning. It was Sunday and we have early church. When he woke up, I was already dressed and when he saw me, he demanded "No!!! Put your jammy shirt back on!"
  • Today, when I dropped Mason off for nursery, we got there before his teachers. It is his ritual to do puzzles when he first gets there, so I was trying to help him get them out as best I could while juggling Carter in my other hand. When Sister Zenger arrived, he turned to me and said simply, "I want you to go now." Haha I had to laugh. I'm glad that he loves nursery.
  • For FHE the other night, I adapted our lesson from The Family Home Evening Spot (also in my sidebar). It was about reverence. One of Mason's favorite parts was when I was asking him and Carter about different activities and whether or not we do them at church ie: 'do we run at church?' or 'do we slam doors at church?' or 'do we sing songs at church?'. Mason gets a huge smile on his face and says with a singsongy voice 'Nooooo!' (or yes, as the case may be). We had this lesson a few weeks ago, and he still will just randomly ask me to start the questions. Today, it was near the end of sacrament meeting and we had seats in the cultural hall. Mason was using one of Carter's blankets and trying to spread it out perfectly in the aisle, and Carter would try to crawl over it and ruin his attempts. He finally picked it up, and started to run to the back of the gym. I caught up to him and whispered "Mason, do we run at church?" His eyes got wide and he said "no" and stopped running! Success!
  • Another something that he always says is when I am trying to get him to do something or eat something that he doesn't want to he says "playing with blocks really yucky!" or "going to bed really yucky!"
  • One day, a couple of hours after we had returned from the gym, Mason said "I had a really fun time at the gym!" I asked him what he did and he said matter of factly "no, just chased girls." He has picked up the habit of using the word 'no' the same way most people use 'umm'.
I'm sure there are more that I'm not thinking of now, but I just wanted to record these ones before I forgot about them. As you can tell, Mason is such a fun boy to be around and we are loving every minute with him!












5 comments:

Katie said...

Mason is so funny! I was laughing so much through this!!! I love that he said he was chasing girls.

and to answer your comment...ha you're right, pineapple cookies probably are sweets..but i just ate them once and never again. haha. and the food? well it was the chicken pesto pizza, i was just writing that in my blog to tease daniels roommate because he said it looked gross but tasted good. so i dont let him live it down.

Kristalyn said...

haha I somehow suspected that it was the chicken pesto pizza!

. said...

What a cute boy. The things they say are so precious!

AJ and Cindy said...

HOw cute! I could totally hear Mason's little voice in my head as I read the things he says, you forgot to say how he always talks about hs Aunt Cindy and Uncle AJ....hehe

Meg said...

I am sure you are a nice mommy. That never comes out of my kids mouths. Oh well. I am so sorry about all that you guys are going through. I can't even imagine. Any new updates. I can imagine what it is like to be in pain and not know what it is and not be able to fix it. I hate living in limbo so I don't know how you are managing it. But it will all work out. You guys are in our prayers and I hope things get better.