Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our big 3-year-old

Some of you know that Mason's birthday was over 4 months ago. I can't believe that I let myself take that long of a break from blogging, but it seems that I have. Well, I am going to try to catch up and blog at least once a week. Probably on Sundays 'cuz that's the only day that I don't have to work so when the boys go to bed, I will be able to blog. There are lots of pictures, but I couldn't leave any of them out. They are a little bit out of order, but I better just post this so that I don't end up waiting another 4 months....

Anyways, Mason is so important and I don't want his birthday to go unrecognized. Mason was born on June 6, 2006 and our family has been enjoying his sweet influence ever since. One of the hardest things about moving to Utah is that we are away from so much of our family. This especially has been hard on Mason.

He LOVES his cousins and grandparents and uncles that live in Colorado. Each of his other birthdays has been celebrated with lots of family, so it was so nice that Aunt Cindy could come to the zoo with us on his special day. Later that night, Uncle Aaron and his other Aunt Cindy came to celebrate with cake and ice cream.


Here are some pictures from his special day:

Opening a card from Tori.

Mason received some water guns for his birthday. Carter immediately took to them and would not put them down. He loved sucking the water out of them.

















Here is Mason coloring with the fun Disney coloring book and crayons that his cousins sent. He felt very special to receive packages from our family in Colorado.









Mason loves animals and going to the zoo, so we figured this would be a perfect activity for his birthday. This was the first time that we went to Salt Lake City's Hogle zoo. It was a fun day, and we were especially lucky and happy that Aunt Cindy was able to meet us there.

















The elephants are always a favorite of both Mason and Carter. Mason always remember that Aunt Cindy 'helped him catch bugs.' :)






Who wouldn't








want to drink out of a lion's mouth? :)


Mason was so excited for his Bolt cake that Daddy made especially for him.






Trying out his new scooter.











The next morning,





Carter was wandering around before the rest of us got up. We heard him in the kitchen and upon further investigation, this is what we found:(See the last two pictures of this post)


He had gotten into the leftovers of Mason's cake and was having the best time finishing it off. Food in our kitchen is not ever safe. :)

2 comments:

Headle said...

Looks like he had a WONDERFUL birthday! Your boys are just SO CUTE!!! They are both sooo sweet! What darling little guys! What a great birthday party :)

. said...

I have a picture of me drinking out of that same lion's mouth when I was a kid. =) By the way, LOVE your kitchen floor. LOL! I'm not making fun, I promise! So glad you have your own place!