Friday, October 30, 2009

Carter's Sleeping Habits




It seems like I was just doing a post about Mason being transitioned to a big boy bed...and already it's Carter's turn! We have moved them to their own beds at about the same age-just after 18 months, so maybe that is why they both fall asleep in similar positions.

I thought that Carter might have an easier time because for a while now, whenever I would put him in down in his crib-he would see Mason's Sponge Bob bed and get so excited and want to lie in it for a while. We found a bed on KSL.com that was the same model of bed that Mason had, except in the Cars theme that had never been used. Of course we had to have it for Carter.

Mason really wanted the Cars bed, and since Carter doesn't really care, we let Mason have the Cars bed and Carter gets the Sponge Bob bed. Carter has done well! He does some of the same things that Mason did. It is just too much of a temptation not to get out of bed when we walk out of the room, so we have to make sure the door is shut tightly or else he'll just come wandering out.

We usually hear some cries and complaints when he realizes he isn't getting out. Sometimes he'll bang things against the door. But, he almost always now ends up back in his...or Mason's bed.

A few times we have been treated to scenes like these when we hear that the noises have stopped and go in to check on him:








I like this picture because if you look close, you can see him cuddling with a toy tiger. I had given it to him to play with when I put him down...and then I heard him by the door for at least 10 minutes banging and playing and reading books. I was surprised to see that he had carried it back to bed and cuddled with it and some books.







I love this picture...Mason had fallen asleep way before him. This was one of the first nights that Carter was in his new bed. I think it's so sweet how he climbed up on Mason's bed to read and fell asleep leaned over his book.










How can you not love this picture? Since I've been working, sometimes the boys have a harder time falling asleep so David let them go to sleep on our bed. This is how we found them a little later.









I just had to include this picture because it sort of fits with the theme. Mason has been potty trained and doing so well for a long time now. One time he was really tired and this is how we found him. :)









Click here to see pictures of Mason in similar positions, minus the big brother. Looking at my post of Mason, I have a lot more of Mason...I guess I will just try to capture more of Carter to make it even!

6 comments:

Katie said...

How sweet!!

That picture of Mason is hilarious!!

kris said...

so cute! Falling asleep on the toilet is classic!

Olivia said...

I see the Champion Football Shirt in the first picture... but it looks a bit different! :) We have good taste. I love all the sleeping positions. You are a brave girl... I don't think I will move my boys in to a bed for quite a while. Averie was 3 when we finally moved her out of her crib. I know you have a new baby coming and that's probably the reason. I was too nervous that Averie would stop napping (which I desperately needed after the twins were born) so I waited. Now I own 3 cribs. Oh well... I guess we all do what works for us. Sounds like Carter is doing good though.

AJ and Cindy said...

lol all those pictures are super cute! What special boys you have, they will always be best friends!

Diana said...

That is so funny that Mason fell asleep on the toilet! That is a priceless picture, as well as those adorable ones of them sleeping on the same bed. I'm glad they are such good buddies. Levi misses his buddies =(

AO said...

What cute, cute pictures. Love the sleeping brothers!