Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Big Two Year Old

Happy Birthday to Carter! Just a week ago today (on March 28th) this little man turned two! Our little boy is not so little anymore! These past two years have gone by so fast.


Not only does he no longer look like this:








But he also has passed this one-year-old stage as well:













We now have this fiery, inquisitive, monkey-like, talkative, loving, smart, fun-loving boy in our home:


We are so happy that we have Carter in our family and he adds so much happiness to our days.

For your viewing pleasure and for our family record, here are some things about Carter at this wonderful age of 2 accompanied with some of our favorite pictures from the last year.
  • He is well on his way to being potty trained

  • He loves going to nursery and from day one has gone right in and started playing without a second thought to us leaving.

  • He loves his little sister and making her smile. When she does he always excitedly says "Kacianna smiled at me!"

  • He can sing his ABC's
  • When he is crying, he wants us to kiss his eyelids to make the tears go away...and it usually works!
  • He loves the swings at the park.

  • He loves animals.

  • He is my little baby monkey...he climbs up and gets anything he wants where ever it is with no fear.
  • He is so sweet. WHenever he is getting a treat, usually fruit snacks or marshmallows or raisins, he has to make sure that we get one for Mason and then he excitedly runs and shares it with his big brother.

  • He really misses his Grandpas and Grandmas and gets a huge grin whenever he sees pictures of them.
  • His favorite shows are Barney, Little Einsteins and thanks to Mason, Scooby Doo.

  • He loves to eat sandwich meat, cheese, noodles, and anything and everything sweet (I'm afraid that's a trait he inherited from me).
  • Loves to sing to everything, commercial jingles, church hymns, his primary CDs. Even if he's never heard it he will try to sing a long.
  • He also loves to dance. His favorite is when he and Mason dance to the closing credits of any given movie.

  • Whenever he is sleepy, he says repeatedly, "I love you, Daddy (or Mommy)" depending on who is cuddling him.
  • Likes to hurry and close the door on me or David when we go out for 10 seconds to take trash out. We always some in and see him giggling and dashing for the couch.
We are so happy that Carter is part of our family and look forward to another year of fun!
WE LOVE YOU CARTER!







































6 comments:

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Cater! What a stud, he's growing up so fast!

Babzanne Barker said...

That is such a cute picture of Carter with Dad! My favorite memory of Carter this year was when I stayed with you in January and he slept with me on the couch for two nights. I loved how as soon as I picked him up out of his bed he would cuddle up to me and go to sleep! So sweet!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Carter! He is so cute! Hopefully it starts to warm up soon so we can get together!

Katie said...

He is just the cutest ever! I'm so glad that I live so close and i'm able to see him so much. What a sweet boy.

Diana said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! I still see him as a baby in my mind. Just something else proving that we don't get to see each other as much =( He is so adorable. I love his cute smiles

Olivia said...

He is so cute! I love that he gets things for Mason. So sweet. And almost potty trained huh? My boys have no interest. I'm a bit nervous about training a boy though. Happy Birthday Carter!