Sunday, May 30, 2010

Carter


  • Carter loves to share with kids younger than he is. One Sunday, he saw a little girl who was starting to cry sitting across the aisle from us. He had a Sesame Street book and slid it across the aisle to her....and she stopped crying. Similar things to this have happened several times. He always looks so proud of himself after he shares.
  • "help me!" (when he's stuck on the counter)
  • "Taste one" One night he followed Uncle Aaron around for at least 1/2 an hour with a 10-pound bag of potatos yelling "taste one!" and trying to get Aaron to eat a raw potato.
  • He always shares with Mason and wants to make sure that Mason gets one of whatever he is getting (popsicle, fruit, cracker, etc.)
  • I brought home a candy treat one day from the store and Mason was sleeping. Carter kept demanding to give Mason's his, and then he went and put it right next to his face so he could see it when he woke up.
  • Carter loves to wash his hands...and now all his toys in the bathroom sink.
  • One night his pajama pants were on crooked. Carter came up to me saying "weird!" When I fixed them and asked if that was better he said "yeah" and ran off to play again.
  • Everytime I take trash out, Carter waits excitedly by the door and then slams it in my face just as I'm about to come in. When I open the door, he is running as fast as he can, giggling to sit on the couch.
  • He often says "Cold!" And then sits by the heater
  • One day I was working and he brought me all of the way from the office and said "Cuddle couch!" When I sat down and cuddled him for a while, he said "Nice and warm."
  • "Watch simpsons!" in a mad voice when we turned it off
  • He walked in the room in obvious need of a diaper change. When I looked at him he said "Kacianna stinks!", trying to shift the blame. :)
  • Carter is so anxious to show his little sister things about the world around us. He repeatedly says "Look Kacianna- Jesus!!" when we are reading a Jesus book or "Look Kacianna...snow!" when we were looking out the window. He says this about most things.
  • ANy time we ask him a question lately the answer is, "Because.." and then he trails off. It's really cute the way he says it.
  • Another phrase that he says is "How 'bout" and then he finishes it with whatever he is wanting at the moment, i.e., peanuts, candy, go on walk etc
  • One day he came up to me and said "Eat- Ants!" Sure enough, there were little ants on his tongue. Gross! He got mad when I wouldn't let him have more.
  • Last Sunday, Carter was playing with a boy his age in front of us in Sacrament, just sharing toys back and forth...David asked him what his friend's name was and without thinking, Carter answered giggling, "Funny face."

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh my gosh... I was laughing so hard at all these. He is so cute. I love the "taste one" and I love how he is so sweet wanting to share and teaching his sister about everything. Don't you just love this age. Please tell me that he has a 2 year old side too. My boys can shift so quickly from sweet to sassy.

Babzanne Barker said...

So, so cute! I can't believe how well he is talking! You are so smart to write all these adorable things down because (trust me) you won't remember them if you don't.