Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mason

This is something that I've had in the works for awhile. When Mason says something cute and funny that I don't want to forget, I've tried to put it on this list. This is mainly for the sake of our remembering it and so he can see what cute things he said when he was little, but feel free to read on if you like. :) I have one for Carter coming in a few days. :)

  • "If you don't sleep you will get slower and slower!"
  • He sings ABCs loudly while washing hands
  • "If you're really brave Carter, I will give you a soccer ball (A candy one they got for Valentine's day) (Carter was up high on the counter or soemthing)
  • Making mouse traps. He will always get Carter to help him make a mouse trap, which usually entails gathering as many blankets as they can find and any sort of string or rope and draping the blankets over boxes and tangling up the string.
  • He makes Uncle Dan color with him at church- like he will grab Daniel's hand and force it to color if he stops. He actually hasn't done this in a whikle, but he used to!
  • After Carter says sorry to him and gives him a hug for pulling his hair, Mason said, "I love you carter!" Later i found out that he had said "i don't love you" when he got his hair pulled.
  • To Carter, "Good job buddy; I can count on you"
  • "Why is your dinner all ruined and jacked up?" to Carter after I handed Carter his plate with his food cut into bite-sized pieces.
  • "Help mommy find my shoes, lead her guide her, walk beside her." I heard him singing this on his bed when I was looking for his shoes so we could go to the park
  • When Mason and Carter got some pet frogs, Mason kept bringing all of his toys over to the aquarium and showing it to them.
  • Before preschool one day, "I washed my face otherwise my teacher will say "why do you have a messy face mason"?" in high pitched voice. I have probably used that as a reason why he needs to wash his face before.
  • He was lying and looking at his cousins' picture for long time. Then I heard him tell the picture, "I sure do miss you." :(
  • He came in and saw that Carter had knocked down a suitcase that was standing up in the office. When I told him that Carter had knocked it down he said, "were you thinking it was me?"
  • "Despite all my plans, i cannot fix the drawer...can you help me!"
  • One Sunday his eye got poked or something during sacrament meeting. He promptly bowed his head and repeated over and over, "Heavenly Father please help my eye to feel better." He looked up and exclaimed "My eye feels better!"...but then realized that it didn't yet so he repeated the same prayer until at last his eye did feel better.
  • "Are you supposed to wash AND dry apples?" When I told him that you didn't have to dry them if you were eating it right then, he looked guilty and said, "I accidentally dried it."

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

all those things are so sweet and so funny, my cheeks hurt from smiling so big! Mason is such a good boy!

Diana said...

Oh I just love this!! As I read each one, I could totally hear his cute little voice saying each thing. We sure do miss him too! I have been trying to keep a list of cute things that my kids say. I have them all written down on random pieces of paper. I think I need a better system! lol

Emily said...

I love all those cute things Mason has said or done. He seems like such a sweet boy. That's good to have them all written down so you can remember!

Babzanne Barker said...

I was laughing out loud at several of those adorable little "Masonisms!" I was going to say which ones were my favorites, but there got to be too many. You'll be so glad you've written these down when he gets bigger and says, "Mommy tell me some things I said when I was little!"

AO said...

SO SO cute....and what a great idea. i need to start doing that for Collin, even though the things he says are more like one or two word things...but still.
And did David get into BYU now? I feel so out of touch!