Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year! Mason was able to carve pumpkins, enjoy two trunk-or-treats, go trick-or-treating with his cousins, and of course, enjoy some candy. Here are some pictures of the festivities:



























The past couple of days, we have had a different schedule and so on the day of our ward's trunk-or-treat, it finally caught up with Mason and he took a late nap. He didn't get a chance to eat dinner before it started, so here he is with David, eating a sandwich in the foyer before he stuffed himself with candy.










This was about the only time he would walk, I think all of the hordes of eager children were a little too much for him, so David carried him around to the different trunks.












On Halloween, David's mom called and asked us if we wanted to come to their trunk-or-treat. She is also in Diana's ward, and Diana had invited us before, as well. It was fun to see Mason's cousins and Grandma Ford there! Diana lent me her wagon, which Mason loves, so he got to be pulled around to all of the trunks this time.
















We are so glad that Mason and Levi are so close in age, they already have a fun time playing with each other!






After trunk-or-treat, we went to both Grandma and Grandpas' houses. Here Mason is with Grandpa Barker. He was also able to go around the block with his cousins and do some real live trick-or-treating. Mason enjoyed this immensely more than the crowded, crazy trunk-or-treats!











Unfortunately, David had to work late, so he missed the trick-or-treating. :( When we got home, we found that he was waiting for us and had lit the jack-o-lanterns! Mason was pretty excited about this!















It was so funny, he just kept patting his owl pumpkin.








Here Mason is the next day, surrounded by all of our pumpkins. He has his favorite Halloween treat in his mouth, a dum-dum sucker.




13 comments:

Garcia's said...

What a cutie! You've done a good job.

Diana said...

What a cute Post!! Mason was such a cute little dragon. We had so much fun trick or treating with you guys. I love the pumpkins too!

AJ and Cindy said...

Mason looked so cute in his costume, haha that's cool you already got your kids' costumes for next year! we are sad we missed out on all the halloween fun with you guys! :(

Wendy said...

What a cute little dragon! Mason is such a cute little boy!!! I love your blog and had to laugh at your mouse episode---I absolutely HATE mice--let's just say I had a bad experience! =) Congrats on baby number 2 on the way. BJ never tells me any news about anyone so I know I'm a little late on the congratulations. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy!

Olivia said...

I love the owl pumpkin too. No wonder Mason was proud of it. Looks like a fun Halloween. The wagon was a great idea. Much easier than holding those heavy toddlers.

Meg said...

Hey your pumpkins turned out awesome. That is so funny he wanted to be pulled in the wagon. Man don't they know the faster they are the more candy they get. Anyways the pictures were really cute.

Beth said...

Mason is so adorable - he always has a huge smile! I'm excited to see what baby #2 looks like. I put in my vote for whether you'll have a boy or a girl, and I think November 29th is a great date to find out
;-)

Kim said...

It's fun to see your blog and to see what is happening in your life. Mason is adorable with all of his pumpkins. It's fun to see the excitement they get. By the way, I've tagged you. Check out my blog to see what to do.

Jill Lewis said...

How cute!! I love the costume! I also love your pumpkins. You have such a cute family!!

Katie said...

I love that last pic of Mason- it looks like he's playing the drums. What a fun Halloween- you're so lucky to have all your family close by!

Babzanne Barker said...

He is so adorable!! What great pictures.

AO said...

Man, Mason is such a fun little guy. LOVE all the pumpkin shots!

The Kammeyers said...

Hey Kristalyn! Guess what, Aaron and I have a blog now... Yay! :) Your pictures here are so cute and I'm happy to hear that things are going well for you... You deserve it. Anyway, I hope you don't mind if we add you guys to our link list. :)