Friday, November 16, 2007

Killer Geese

So today, Mason and I decided to walk around the lake. Seriously, the weather reminded me of summer time. I didn't have a jacket, but I was getting hot! I can't believe this warm weather, but I'm not complaining! Anyways, we hadn't been for awhile and were pretty surprised to see that the water level had gone WAAAAAYYYYY down. At first, I assumed it was because we haven't gotten hardly any moisture in the past couple months, but then I saw a sign that explained that they are draining part of the lake to do improvement projects or something like that.




Well, Mason loves to feed the ducks and even though we hadn't been there in awhile, he totally remembered. This time was a little different than usual though. Here is a picture of us feeding the ducks back in September:




My dear friend Nikki took the last picture for us, so I just have to include a picture of her and Mason. (Lots of my blog readers will recognize her).








Here is the same dock today....






I didn't get a picture from the same angle, but hopefully you can tell. It kind of reminded me of being at the beach. Mason and I saw some other people walking by the shore, so we decided to go too.
It just about made Mason's week to go exploring in this new place.


As soon as we got the bread out, we were swarmed by geese and ducks! I was startled by how close they came. They were not shy at all. I actually got kind of spooked 'cuz it felt like they were going to attack us, so I scooped up an unwilling Mason and we finished feeding them on the dock. :)




Here they are getting closer and closer. I snapped this picture as I was quickly backing away (okay, maybe running away) from them.
Here is Mason looking at the ducks from a safer vantage point. :)
We stayed for a pretty long time, and Mason never got bored of it. When it was finally time to go, he threw the hugest fit! He's been doing that a lot lately. He screamed and cried all of the way back to the car and I had a really hard time putting him in his car seat 'cuz he was arching his back and would sit down. He fell asleep before we got home, so I know part of it was that he was so tired.

3 comments:

Tamie said...

ahh, the fun times have just begun! :) it only gets "better" from now on since he is trying to exert his opinion and get what he wants.
it looks like you had tons of fun at the lake...i should tell brook to take the boys out. yesterday would have been perfect, now we'll just have to wait for another warm day.

Olivia said...

I haven't seen Nicki in such a long time. How is she doing and how is her sister? She looks great. Looks like a fun adventure to the lake. We have some crazy ducks and geese here in CA too. They freak me out. I don't like to feed them anymore.

Babzanne Barker said...

I remember being scared of the big ducks (geese?) too! It must be the time of year when they are finding food harder to come by, so they get braver. Mason looks so cute in these pictures!