Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thanksgiving

Even though Thanksgiving was awhile ago, I still wanted to put up a few pictures...better late than never, I guess.
We are so blessed to live in the same stake of both David's and my parents! This means that we get to have 2 Thanksgiving dinners! I was feeling pretty stuffed...but there sure was a lot of good food! After dinner at my parents' house, the cousins got to watch the traditional "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer". I still remember watching that show as a child. I especially remember the beeping sound that Rudolph's nose made when it was glowing...does anyone know what I mean?





Haha anyways, it was so cute to see the kids all lined up in their little chairs and blankets. I am so glad that Mason has a few cousins close to his age and that they live so close to us!

Of course, Mason's attention span isn't very long (except for when he's watching Shrek or Teletubbies), so Grandpa found something else fun to entertain him.













He was entertained by this umbrella for a good 1/2 hour...Then he had to give it up because all of his cousins were waiting patiently for their turns.









Mason has the silliest habit, especially when he's at my parents' house, where he has to get all of the blankets that he can find and have them piled on him. This wouldn't be so bad except that as soon as he gets the blanket on him, he pops up and brings it over to whoever's nearest to put it on him again.
Here's Uncle Michael humoring him (he sure loves his Uncle Michael!).







And here he is trying to steal all of the blankets! I'm kind of worried about what's going to happen when he sees his new brother always bundled up with blankets...we'll have to work more on sharing before then! :)

10 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

Love these photos Kristalyn! Glad to know Kenneth's not the only one with a short attention span. When I saw the first photo I thought, "Wow, that's amazing! They're all just sitting there watching Rudolf together and even the little ones sit still." It made me smile to see that I'm not the only one who has to get creative to entertain a little guy. How nice to be so close to both families. I'm so jealous! I would love to have both our families in the same stake!
Best Wishes!

Annie said...

Ahh...lots of fun memories at the Barker home. Uncle Bruce looks great with the umbrella!

Babzanne Barker said...

I love that picture of the four of them all sitting still like that for maybe five minutes!! They're so cute!!!!!

Diana said...

I love that picture of them all sitting in a row too! I got one of them as well. Those were the only pictures I got from Thanksgiving lol

AO said...

Hey, even as a 30 year old, I need about that many blankets on top of me so that game never gets old!

AJ and Cindy said...

I love how mason loves all the blankets, even at our house he was so addicted to having every thing on top of him I am glad we got to see that so I know first hand what you are talking about!

The Kammeyers said...

Cute pictures! It's so great to hear how your family is doing! Let us know next time you come to Utah. We'd love to see you! :)

Kristin. said...

Your little boy is sooo cute! If I have a child that looks anything like him, I will be perfectly fine with that!

kristin.

AbiAnn said...

Kristalyn my dear...how are you? It is so great to see you after all these years, I got your link off of Linsi's blog. Your son is absolutely adorable!! And another on the way..fantastic!! You have two boys, and I have two girls! And, you married David...AWESOME! I would love to hear the story and to hear what has been going on the past, almost ten years (yikes, are we that old). We have a family blog too...aren't they wonderful.
Love,
Kim Croft (Robison now)

AbiAnn said...

Visit us at abiann.blogspot.com
:D Kimberly