Saturday, March 15, 2008

My baby bump

Well, there have been a couple of requests for me to post pictures of me and my 'baby bump'...so here they are!
This coming Monday will mark my 37th week and I will be officially full term! Last week, I was feeling lots of cramping, but I wasn't sure if they were contractions. For a couple of days, especially in the afternoon and evenings, I just wanted to lie down 'cuz it was so uncomfortable. I was getting hopeful that maybe I was starting labor. But now I feel perfectly fine (which is a good thing, too I guess), no signs of major contractions.






Here I am at 35 weeks.













And here I am at 36.5 weeks (yes, I am counting the half weeks...hopefully I won't have to count all of the way up to 40...but I'm sure just voicing that wish jinxes me).




My visiting teachers gave me a baby shower last week. I decided to wear the same shirt that I wore at the shower I had for Mason. Unfortunately, I just realized that all of the pictures that I have from both showers, I am sitting down, so you can't really see my stomach that well...but it's still fun to see the two side by side.
Mason's shower
Levi was almost 8 months old at this time, and I remember that I thought it was so sweet that he wanted me to hold him, and that he fell asleep in my arms! Here I am with my sisters Diana, Katie, and nephew Levi. Cindy was so sad that she couldn't come, and I was sad that she couldn't be there.
Here I am with my mom, and David's mom, still at Mason's shower.
At the shower that I had last week, I wish that I would have posed for at least one picture, I don't know what I was thinking. I did not get one picture of me looking at the camera. I thought this picture would be fun to post 'cuz it has Mason, Levi, and I in it...just like in the picture above...just 22 months later!
The boys were really good about helping with opening all of Mason's little brother's new things. It was so thoughtful of both Grandmas, and also some people in the ward to think to give Mason a gift as well!
Mason was really excited to see that his little brother got a basketball piggy bank!

12 comments:

Linsi said...

Kristalyn you look really good! I can't believe baby #2 is almost here. How fun that Mason participated in the baby shower and that he got celebrated for being a big brother. I was ready for my babies to come at 37 weeks, but I guess thet weren't, especially Kevin.

AJ and Cindy said...

I am glad you finally posted some of this stuff! you're right, I have been so sad to miss both your baby showers! :( If only we had been in town a week later. I love all the pics, and can't wait for my new nephew!

Diana said...

Why didn't you post the picture I took of your actual stomach? Was the burn too visible? LOL just kiddin. I am sorry I was such a bad picture taker at the shower. I have never been that great at making people pose for pictures. We definitley needed Cindy there for that. I can't wait to meet your new little cutie!

Jill Lewis said...

Kristalyn, You look great! Thanks so much for sharing these-I love them! How fun to compare your pictures from both showers too. Oh, I'm so excited for you! It won't be long and you'll be cuddling a new baby!

Babzanne Barker said...

Yikes! Your sweet little baby could come at any time--I'd better hurry up and get Mason's bed ready for him for when you go to the hospital!!

Tamera said...

You look so cute! I completely understand counting the half weeks! Can't believe that you are so close already.

Linda said...

I'm excited to see your little one at the family reunion in July! And I wish Sasha would hurry up and get a cute little baby bump, too.

Katie said...

You look great, Kristalyn! Seriously, just all baby. I'm sure all your baby weight will just melt off. =)

AO said...

I can't wait to meet new Baby Ford! Have you thought of names yet? And I hope I look as good as you when I'm that far along!

Melody said...

I've been thinking about you a bunch today. Hang in there, sweetie! ;)

Cindy said...

ohhh kristalyn. how is it already that time? i love it.

i hope me and mason and this new boy get to be BFF's this summer.

Jamie W said...

Just wanted to say that you look great! Mason is absolutely adorable too. It will be a lot of fun to see you and your new baby at the reunion. Hope that all goes well with the labor & delivery!