Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Scientific Research Results

Thanks to everyone who participated in David's research study! We really appreciate the responses that we got.
For anyone interested, the study was to see if the gene that determines if you are right or left handed is linked to the gene that determines if your right or left thumb goes on top when you are clasping your hands. The results of his study showed that the genes were not linked. If your left thumb was on top, you have at least one dominant gene, if your right thumb was on top, then you have two recessive genes. Both right handed and left handed people showed about the same percentage of people having the dominant and recessive genes, showing that the two traits are not linked. :)

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Hello! How are you? How is Mason doing?? :) anyways, with the blog layouts...I have a few links leading to some template sites. the ones that I know for sure don't erase your links is the Matie Kay one and the Cutest blogs on the block. The blogger creation for sure does erase them! Another tip, that I do, just b\c I have no life..is I temporarily made an additional blog just to test things out with, and add some links and then I change the template to see what I lose! Let me know if you have any questions and change you blog!! :)

The Hillan Family said...

That is pretty cool! Hey, it's Alisa Hillan. Just wanted to wish you luck with the new baby and big brother! Can't wait to see pics!

Babzanne Barker said...

So I have two recessive genes? Cool!

The Kammeyers said...

That was such a cool study! And I absolutely LOVE the new layout! :) Which site do you use?

Linda said...

I have two recessive genes, too! So that means that not only did your mom and I inherit the same voice box, but we also inherited the same hand clasp! How cool is that?!

Katie said...

So I'm not a freak after all!