Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear Mason

Dear Mason:
Tonight you said the sweetest prayer. I want to document it. You are getting so big and you can say wonderful prayers with only the slightest promptings from us. You are very sweet and have a sweet testimony already. I know that if you continue to pray, you will always feel peace when you talk to your Father in Heaven. Your prayer went something like this:

Dear Heavenly Father:

(Mom-"What are you thankful for?")

"I am thankful for everything. I am thankful for my underwear. I am thankful for clothes. I am thankful for my bed (peeking around the room to see what you are thankful for). I am thankful that Carter and I got to run around screaming. (You were having fun playing) I am thankful that Carter and I made soup in the pot." (Your soup looks pretty tasty to me! :) )









If you look closely, you can see that you got both you and Carter spoons out so that you could taste your soup. You are trying to put the soup on the spoon in this picture.






(Mom-"Is there anyone you want to bless or anything you want help with?")

"Please bless my cousins (always the first people that you ask to bless). Please bless my Grandmas and Grandpas. Please bless that Carter won't come in my bed tonight. Please bless that Carter won't take my books. Please help me not to be afraid in my bed."

"In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen."

Then you proudly tell me "I said 'Lord Jesus Christ.'

Within 2 minutes of this prayer you were sound asleep. And Carter did not come in your bed. Your prayer was answered! :)

Here are some nights when Carter did come into your bed:



I can't imagine why you wouldn't want him in there with you? Haha It looks like you got booted down to the bottom.









Here it looks like you are squished to one side while Carter takes up most of the room. :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

That is so sweet :) What a wonderful little spirit Mason has!

. said...

I love little people prayers! So cute!

kris said...

so sweet!

AJ and Cindy said...

lol that was such a great little prayer, I can totally imagine him saying it. Mason has such a fun personality!

Diana said...

I can just hear Mason saying that cute little prayer. I think it is so cute that Carter climbs in bed with Mason. I love the pictures that you captured of it. What special little guys =)

Babzanne Barker said...

I loved this blog! I agree with Stephanie--little people prayers are priceless. Can't wait til you get here for Christmas!

Linda said...

I loved this, too. What a good mommy you are to teach your children how to pray!