Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Meeting Kacianna

A few months before Kacianna was born, I learned of the rule that the hospitals were starting to enforce that children 14 and under were not allowed to visit patients. This made me really sad that Mason and Carter would not be able to come visit us in the hospital. I really wanted them to be able to see us. So I was really happy to find out that the nurses on the baby floor were being more lenient and they let them come! I was so excited and happy! Cindy and AJ came down from Salt Lake and she happened to be holding Kaci when the boys saw her for the first time.

I think it was kind of good that way, that way especially Carter didn't see me holding her right away and I was able to give him a big hug and hold him when he came in.

It was so fun that Cindy, AJ, and Lyla could come down! Lyla and Kaci are only three months apart and we know they are going to be the best of friends!



Mason loves holding Kacianna. He is such a good big brother and always wants to take care of her. I have tons more pictures that support this and will hopefully get them up soon!


Carter loves Kaci too, it is just harder for him to hold her.

Th

e boys were so excited to have Kacianna ride with them in the car. I can't believe we have three car seats now!

We were so grateful that Grandpa and Grandma Barker got Kaci this nice warm baby sleeping bag for her carseat. January has been so cold here and it's nice to know that Kaci is warm and cozy in her carseat. :)


I've been trying to put the pictures in order, but it's taking too long, so hopefully they are not too mixed up!















































2 comments:

Katie said...

They sure do love their sister! I'm so happy they were allowed to come see you and Kaci in the hosptial :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Three little carseats in one van! Wow! I think we had you in a booster seat back in the olden days, although it's entirely possible Diana was in the booster seat and you were held in by a seat belt.