Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kacianna Lily at seven weeks

We sure have fallen for this little lady! It's so hard to believe that she is seven weeks old already! Time goes by so quickly! Sometimes I just sit and hold Kaci a little bit longer and neglect the housework that is calling my name. I watch her brothers and see how active and playful they are and realize that in no time at all, her newborn cuddliness will be replaced with a wiggly curious girl who will hopefully still like to be cuddled, but it will be on her terms. :) I love each stage that my children are going through and I just want to enjoy each one. Since we all know how quickly newborns change, I wanted to take the time to list a little bit about Kaci at this stage, when she's seven weeks.
  • She has the biggest smile and I love it when she looks right at me and smiles. :)
  • She has gone to church four times and has been perfectly behaved so far. :)
  • Her doctor heard a small heart murmur at her two-week appointment, we went back for acid reflux this week and it is almost gone. The doctor says it mostly likely will be completely gone soon.
  • She loves to look in mirrors.
  • Kacianna has a good sleeping schedule at night and never really went through the stage where she had her days and nights mixed up...at least not as severely as her brothers did.
  • She's almost ready to fit into a size 2 diaper.
  • When she is awake, she is always very alert and looking around, taking it all in.
  • Her eyes are definitely going to be brown; Mason is thrilled about this!
  • She loves when we dangle toys in front of her, especially ones with rattles. She will smile so big for them and already tries to reach for them.
  • She doesn't really enjoy tummy time.
  • Kaci loves taking baths, just like her brothers did and still do.
  • She gets frequent hugs and kisses from Mason and Carter (along with Mom and Dad).
  • Her hair is growing!
  • She can't wait to meet Granpa Barker, Uncle Michael, Uncle Brandon, her cousins Lexi, Tori, and Levi who she has heard so much about, Aunt Charbel, Great Grandpa and GG, Grandpa Barker and Emmie, Grandpa and Grandma Ford, Uncle Brian, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Kris, Uncle Donald, and Uncle Erik. She sure has a lot of family who loves her!
  • She loves wearing the hats Grandma Barker gave her and the headbands Aunt Diana made for her! She is a very stylish little girl. :)
  • Kacianna loves music and being sung to.
  • She is so fun to cuddle with!
  • Her parents and brothers are so in love with her and would do anything for her!










7 comments:

Diana said...

I cant believe how big she is getting! She is so cute! I think she looks a lot like Carter =)

AJ and Cindy said...

she is so cute and she has changed so much! She looks like Lyla in a few of the pictures, they have some of the same expressions! I see she is wearing the onesie we got her, it is so cute! can't wait to see you next week!

Katie said...

ah i just adore all of these pictures! I'm glad you know what color eyes she has now :) She is so beautiful, i can't believe she is already 7 weeks!

Babzanne Barker said...

I was wondering if that cute hat was one that I had given her! Haha--my memory is getting terrible! She looks so cute and cuddly--can't wait to hold her again!!

Linda said...

Tonight I realized that I had not put Kacianna into my PAF file, so I found your blog (I am sorry, but I keep forgetting to check the private ones for some reason) Anyway, I spent a very nice time getting caught up on all your posts since December! What a sweet little girl you have and a beautiful family. (I LOVED the temple square blog!)

Linda said...

P.S. When I went to add the information, I realized that I had already added it! Lucky for me I am forgetful or I wouldn't have got to catch up on your blog posts!

Carolyn said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. What a doll!