Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Day!





















It was a joy to be able to help Mason celebrate Christmas. He got very excited about everything! We feel truly blessed to be able to raise and be part of this special little boy's life!


































I love this picture of him, he looks so amazed to see a brand new doggy towel just for him. :)





David and I both had a fun time helping Mason enjoy his gifts.
























Mason got so excited about some of the chocolate that Santa brought him that he tried to eat right through the wrapper!

After David made us some delicious breakfast burritos, we were off for the festivities of the day. First, we went to David's family's house. We had a fun time visiting!

Here Mason is playing with his Aunt Cindy who was visiting from BYU.






Later, Mason got to do his most favorite thing-watch "Shrek"! He was so happy that Uncle Brian watched it with him. Unfortunately, I had unwisely tried some cheaper diapers and Mason had an accident all over Brian! I felt so bad, but Brian was really nice about it.
















When we went to my parents' house, I sadly misplaced the camera, so I am relying on pictures taken by my sisters to help document the day. I haven't borrowed those pictures yet, though. We got to see my family more that week, so here are a few pictures of Mason playing with his cousins the next day:














Grandpa Barker has the tradition that he always puts the cousins on his shoulders. Now that Mason is old enough, he wants to join in on the fun-so Uncle Dan was nice enough to offer him a ride. :)







On Christmas morning, we woke up to falling snow...that didn't stop the whole day! We weren't even expecting a white Christmas. There must have been quite a few very good little children who asked for snow for Christmas!

Mason just couldn't stay out of the snow, here he is with Aunt Katie getting ready to go play!

7 comments:

Diana said...

I just read all of your posts! Mason looks so excited on Christmas. I love all of his facial expressions in all of the pictures. I am so glad that we could all spend so much time together for Christmas this year. IT was so much fun! I am so sorry that Levi got Mason sick though =(

Jill Lewis said...

These pictures are great Kristalyn. It's fun to read about how excited Mason was-the part about eating through the chocolate wrapper was one of my favorites. Isn't is wonderful to be able to enjoy Christmas with both families too? Thanks for sharing!

Babzanne Barker said...

Mason is so cute!! I love watching him play with his cousins. That picture of him sitting with Brian is adorable--you can certainly tell they're related!

AJ and Cindy said...

Is Mason feeling better? the pics of him are so cute, I keep thinking about is "where's your nose?" trick, AJ asked me the same thing the other night and I respoonded the same way Mason does!!

Beth said...

Aw, how fun! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I loved reading all about Mason's reactions to everything - having kids definitely brings all the magic back. Crazy to think that you'll have 2 cuties around next Christmas! You look great!

Headle said...

Your Christmas looks wonderful!! You are such a great mom! Mason looks like he is just loving every second of it.

The elmo guitar is clever! And the car blanket is so cute too! I love seeing your updates.

Julie said...

Hi, this is Julie Williams. I want to send you an invite to my blog but I need your email address :) You can email me at JulieGaleW@aim.com. Congrats on baby #2 and Mason is ADORABLE!