Monday, January 21, 2008

This boy of ours...











Being Mason's mom just keeps getting better and better! I love learning new things about his cute little personality!


Mason has always loved to read, and has quite a few books. I don't know how this started, but he has developed a routine in the morning. Usually, he makes his way into our bed sometime between 5 and 6 am and sleeps for a little bit longer. When he is ready to wake up for the day, he will alternate hitting and head-butting David and I until one of us opens their eyes. We, of course, try to fake being asleep for as long as p
ossible. The second that I open my eyes, he does the sign for milk with both of his hands and s
tarts pushing me out of bed. I then am obliged to go downstairs and get him a cup of milk. The second that David opens his eyes, Mason does the sign for book and starts
saying "buh! buh!". We then tell him to go get a book...and he brings 10-12 books up and sits very excitedly while Daddy reads them to him. He is such a cutie, so we humor this routine...at least he has stopped wanting to watch Shrek when he first wakes up.
The pictures weren't taken first thing in the morning...but you get the idea. In the first ones, he smiling and saying "sit" as he pats the bed next to him. :)




At random times during the day, Mason will come to wherever I am, usually the kitchen with a pile of books. He then pats the floor next to him and demands, "SIT!!". He can actually say that word quite well. I usually can't resist, and so I sit and read with him for a little while.











Mason also loves to help me unload the dishwasher. Whenever he sees it open, he drops what he's doing and comes in to help. I scramble to get the knives put away, and then put the plastic things on the door so that he goes for those first. Recently, he noticed that I always stacked the cups before I put them into the cupboard. Of course, he decided that this is what he wanted to do, too. Well, he stacked one particular group a little high, so I, without thinking, made the stack shorter so they would fit. Soon after, Mason started crying and I had no idea what was wrong. I asked him to show me what the matter was, and he pointed to the cupboard, so I lifted him up. He then got the cup that I had unstacked and wanted it joined with the stack that he had made. It was so sweet, and I didn't want him to think that I didn't appreciate all of his hard work, so I decided that we could put the cups in this way (the green and blue ones in the back):






Last night, I asked David if he could please entertain Mason so I could get the kitchen clean. I brought out the blocks because Mason hadn't played with them for awhile. Daddy's are so fun...they always think of the funnest games, and this time was no exception. Mason climbed into the block container and David would pile as many blocks as would fit on top of him. When he was done, Mason had the funnest time breaking out of them. This game was so fun that Mason insist that we repeat it over and over again for the next hour (not kidding). Then, today, he got his blocks out and promptly climbed in the container...guess what he wanted to do?




We love Mason so much and are so grateful for the fun that he brings to our family!

11 comments:

Diana said...

I just loved this post! Mason is so cute. I love all of the things that he does, and his cute personality. You and David are both such good parents. That picture of the cups in the cuboard was soooo hilarious!

Jill Lewis said...

Oh, Mason is so cute! You are wonderful parents. He is developing so well! The cup story is so sweet and I loved the picture. Kenneth has the same navy striped shirt! Oh, how I wish Mason and Kenneth could play together!

AO said...

This is just so cute. Mason is such a doll, and how fun that he wants to read books. I have so many fun little books for kids I have been collecting over the years, I hope they can be put to good use some day! Thanks for sharing, he sounds like such a fun little guy!

The Kammeyers said...

These pics are adorable, Kristalyn! I look forward to being a Mom someday - probably next year. :) How rewarding it is to love and nurture children. :) Love ya!

Linda said...

Your story about David reading to Mason reminds me of all the times Grandpa Park would read to us when we were little girls. I have been told that children whose fathers read to them are much more likely to excel in school. Lucky Mason!

Tamie said...

boys love climbing in the boxes...don't start pushing him around in it or you'll never hear the end of that one..(that's waht collin and jack like more than building...it is difficult to get them distracted from anything but using is a train if they get the notion)
you're doing a great job at keep up with all that happens in a toddlers life...good pictures!

AJ and Cindy said...

I loved looking at all the pictures of Mason, he is so cute and I miss him so much! I remember all the fun times I had with him over Christmas! does he still like the books AJ and I gave him? :)

Beth said...

Aw, Mason is so adorable, and I can tell that you are such a fabulous mom!! I love reading your posts. I only wish our kids were close enough to play together. Maybe someday....

Katie said...

This was such a cute blog! I can't believe how big he is getting. He's so much fun to have come play at our house :-) I love the first picture in this! i bet mason is happy he has a such fun mom and dad :)

Babzanne Barker said...

That first picture of Mason made me smile and smile! What a cutie-pie--and so smart!!

Aspen said...

Mason is such a cutie! I love the pictures of him in the bucket of blocks. Your boy(s) are lucky to have such involved parents like you and David.