Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Some of my favorite things...

If you don't know me well enough, I have to say there are three things that I really love.
1. Mason (and David)
2. Free Food
3. Chick-fil-A


(Of course I love a lot more things than that, but you get the idea)






So imagine my excitement when I found out that the CFA near us is doing a promotion where they are giving out a free breakfast item on Fridays for a month. The only thing that I can complain about is that I didn't find out about this promotion until there were only 3 weeks left.




This past Friday, there was no doubt in my mind what Mason and I were going to have for breakfast. I asked David if he wanted to get up a little earlier and then he would have time to eat with us, but for some reason he is not as obsessed with free food or Chick-fil-A as I am.
Don't worry, though-I'm training Mason right! :)






The free item is called chick-n-mini's and I had never had them before. Here is the desciption:
"Bite sized Chick-fil-A nuggets nestled in warm, mouth-watering mini yeast rolls that are lightly coated with honey butter spread."
Their website must be protected or something 'cuz it wouldn't let me save the picture so I could put it on my blog, but if you are really curious, here is the link: http://chickfila.com/#home

I think that the other people eating thought that I was kind of weird for taking pictures of Mason eating...but oh well, I knew that the blog about this would be so much better with visuals.

I had the hardest time getting Mason to smile...he was just too into eating.
Lately, he has been doing the cutest thing, if I ask him to smile, he puts his hands over his face and closes his eyes.
After he had eaten two of his Chick-n-Mini's...he noticed some other kids going into the play area. Of course, he immediately lost interest in eating and couldn't wait to go play.
At least here I was able to get some smiling shots of him! :)
Any of you who live nearby want to meet for breakfast this Friday? :)

8 comments:

AO said...

I SO wish I could live by you to get some free food tomorrow morning! I didn't even know your favorite place had breakfast food. I'll have to check it out sometime. And Mason is still cute, even if he isn't smiling!

Diana said...

I wish it wasn't just on Fridays! That's the day I watch all of those kids! How did you find out about this anyways? Those Chiken Mini things sound yummy!

Ems said...

kristalyn you and chick-fil-a! but mason could not be more adorable...so cute!

Katie said...

Kristalyn- I gotta hand it to you. I have come to really love Chick-fil-a. I would have never come to this realization without you, so I thank you deeply! I got a coupon in the mail today for the free chicken thing that you mentioned. I can't wait to try it now! (I too love free food!)

Babzanne Barker said...

Do you have to have a coupon??? If not, count Katie, Michael and me in for Friday. They have the day off of school so what better activity could we do than to learn the value of free food!

Headle said...

Kristalyn--

You are just TOO CUTE!!! Your little Mason is a doll! He looks like the sweetest little boy.

What a fun adventure to have together. Isn't it great that we can share the things we love with our kids?! That makes life so much more interesting :P

Thanks for the note on our blog! You are always so thoughtful. I love hearing from you :)

Shawnee said...

I'm so glad that your life can now be complete. Family and CFA. Good memories of us going to CFA in the Orem Mall. I wish we had one here so I could go relive a few memories. The closest we have is KFC...just not the same.

Tamie said...

i WISH! i'd rather be chatting over breakfast than at work....however that is just life, eh? :)
mason has got such a great face to photograph...its always so hard not to do it when they're just so cute!!!