Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mommy's little helper


For an easier time hearing, you can go to the left side of my blog, underneath all of the links and press pause on the music that I have playing. :) (Haha, I just noticed that his pants are falling down in these videos.)

Some of you who are regular readers of this blog may recall that Mason loves to help me with anything that I am doing in the kitchen. He always pushes a chair over to wherever I'm working and has to see what's going on. When I start getting food out and cooking it, he can't be happier than when I let him have his own portion (in a plastic container) to cook with. He has recently discovered that measuring cups are really fun. Usually, I have to measure water for whatever I'm making. As soon as I get the measuring cup out, Mason will not rest until he also gets to pour water into his own concoction. A week or so ago, I discovered that if I questioned Mason with "What do you say?" when he is asking for water, he would say "Please" in the cutest way.

In the first video, he says it so high pitched that you may not be able to hear it. So, I decided to include the second video as well. Enjoy!


I also have to include a few normal pictures so that when I make 2008 into a blog book, I will have some pictures to include. (My amazing sister Cindy has already done this for 2007, if you are curious, here is the post where she wrote about it).

This concoction is just some frozen vegetables and cheese flooded with water. The funny thing is that Mason has discovered that with most foods, he enjoys it more after it has been soaked in water...he just eats it straight from there!


10 comments:

Diana said...

Talk about cute! Whn I first watched the first video I couldn't hear him say please, but then after I read that he said it really high pitched, I went back and watched it again and I could totally hear it! I think it is so funny how his pants are falling down. haha =)

Headle said...

Kristalyn--Mason is such a cutie! He really is learning to say please so well. How sweet is that?!

You are a beautiful person and its obviously rubbing off on him too! :)

Linsi said...

How cute that that he likes to cook with you. I like his little tupperware of frozen veggies in water! Bryce wants me to tell Mason "baba". Maybe Mason can interpret that. You and Mason seem to really enjoy each other!

The Kammeyers said...

I hope our future kids like to cook with Aaron and I - because we sure love to be in the kitchen! :) I always enjoy your blog, Kristalyn!

P.S. Aaron and I are most likely gonna be in Grand Junction the weekend of Easter. Any chance you guys might want to meet us somewhere for dinner - perhaps halfway between Denver and G.J.? We might even be going to Highlands Ranch that weekend as well. I'll let you know!

AJ and Cindy said...

This was so cute! I loved hearing his little voice! Can't wait to see you soon!

Babzanne Barker said...

So cute! Guess he got a lot of "cooking" genes from both sides of the family!

Meg said...

Don't you just love when they want to help you. Hopefully it will continue. I totally sympathize with you as far as sacrament too. Fortunately for us we are the only ward in our building and so we have church at 10. And from the very beginning I had Joshua going down for naps at two so it hasn't been too bad, but in our first ward with Lexie it was a nightmare. Oh the woes of church. I just wish Joshua was old enough to go to nursery. One more month.

Emily said...

Mason is adorable! I love his little tiny "please" in that video!

Katie said...

What a little raccoon dunking all his food in water! He is growing up so fast- what a cute kid!

Wendy said...

What a cutie! Hope you are feeling good these days--if you were me, you'd be having your baby in 5 days! Just make sure you have your hospital bag packed (that was on my to-do-list for the following day but I never got the chance!)