Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More summer days

















There is a really fun park that we've been to a few times this summer. The first time, we went with Diana and her ward's play group. It's fun 'cuz there's a petting zoo and a train ride that are both only a dollar.












But the real fun began when we let the kids loose in the creek. Diana was nice enough to get an extra bucket and shovel for Mason, he was in heaven!

Carter even slept the whole time that the kids were playing in the creek so I could turn my full attention to making sure that no one drowned. :)











The only damper on the day was that we kept hearing lightning. At first we tried to deny it...we didn't want to pull our kids out so soon. But eventually thoughts of someone getting electrocuted because we didn't get them out made us call it a day. We were just in time...on the way to the car rain came down in buckets and then it started to hail. Of course there was a big hill to climb with all of our stuff and strollers, but it was a fun day!

It's been so fun for Mason (and me) to be able to spend so many fun summer days with his cousins, thanks Diana!
















This was the second time that we went...Mason is looking so sad because he didn't want to leave, poor kid! :)










Carter enjoyed the shade of the stroller.



























9 comments:

Diana said...

That was so much fun. We need to go again soon! I still can't beleive how quickly the weather changed that day, it was so hot and Sunny! I can't beleive how drenched we were by the time we got to the car! lol

Katie said...

aw how fun! I like the picture of you and mason and carter :) you look really pretty! It's so great Mason loves being outside so much :)

Tamera said...

Looks like a blast. What a great way to spend the day!

AJ and Cindy said...

Carter is getting so big! can't wait to see you guys! I love that sling by the way!

Babzanne Barker said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I think it's great that you take your boys outside to fun places so often. I know it isn't easy lugging around a big stroller full of baby stuff!

Tamie said...

umm...you didn't share which park you went too...share the fun so that I can take my boys over as well. :)

AbiAnn said...

What fun! And who could pass up $2 for a petting zoo and a train ride!

Linsi said...

Your kids always look so cute. Did Mason put hay on the pig? It looks like it on the picture and made me laugh. I can just imagine him having fun covering up the pig.

AO said...

Hey, where did you get that CUTE baby carrier thing?