Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Bumbo Baby










I was going to get on and write about our family reunion...but I left my camera at a friend's house...so here is a post that I've been formulating for the last little while:
Last month, we made a really great purchase off of Craig's list-a Bumbo chair for Carter. If you have not seen these, they are so cool! I didn't know about them when Mason was this age, but I always wanted one for Carter. As long as a baby can hold up their head, this chair helps them to sit. Carter looks so cute just hanging out, and he really seems to enjoy it.
Most of the time, when I put Carter in this, Mason wants to sit in his red spiderman chair right next to him. Here they are reading together.
This moment was too cute not to record. Mason came up to Carter and put his arm around his shoulder (they are watching Curious George or something like that). A few moments later, Carter decided that he was done and started to cry. Instantly, without thinking, Mason moved over to hug him tighter with both arms. Notice that Mason doesn't miss a moment of the show, though. :)
We even put the Bumbo in the stroller and let Carter enjoy the view. :)

10 comments:

AO said...

I have TOTALLY heard about those chairs....and Carter looks SO cute in it!

AJ and Cindy said...

I love Carter in his bumbo, it is so cute! I miss holding him! :(

Katie said...

aww that picture of mason hugging carter is so cute! that bumbo chair is so neat. you seem to always get cool baby type things!

Tamera said...

Love all the pics! We love our Bumbo Seat as well.

Natalie Francis said...

The bumbo.. I love it! I wish Rachael would sit in it (she manages to arch her back and get her legs out, falling out of it). Lilly actually sits in it more often than Rachael. I love your pictures!

Babzanne Barker said...

Those pictures of Mason and Carter were adorable. What fun brothers! And how sweet of Mason to try and comfort Carter.

The Kammeyers said...

I love hearing all your stories about your adorable boys! Kids are so much fun. :)

Rudy said...

Those things are so silly looking! I wanted one for Rylee and decided to splurge and get one for Brody and he HATED IT! He was so pissed everytime I tried sticking him in it. So, I took it back. Oh well, he is sitting up on his own now, so whatever. Your boys really seem to love each other. That is WONDERFUL!

Headle said...

I just can't believe how big Carter is getting! He is adorable!! Those chairs are soo neat and it looks like he is loving it.

Its so fun to keep in touch with you! :)

Meg said...

What a smart idea about putting it in the stroller. I don't know that I would have ever thought of doing that. I think I may have to get one with my next kid when i have one in like 5 years. Your kids are adorable and I can't believe how much Carter is growing.