Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun with the Ervie's

I've been planning to do this post for so long. I was trying to find a picture of Beth and I from our college days, but I guess all of those pictures are packed away, so I just decided to put it up. One of these days I really do want to post a bunch of college-days pictures and take a walk down memory lane. :)




Living in the dorms freshman year at BYU was the typical "I'm glad I did it but I would NEVER want to do it again" for me. Basically the only reason that I'm glad that I did it was the friendships that I developed that have so far, lasted forever!

One of these friendships that I developed was with Beth Campbell (now Ervie). We lived down the hall from each other and became fast friends. We were both pretty homesick and were able to understand each other's senses of humor. We spent a lot of time in one another's rooms and making trips to the vending machines for pink cookies.

We went on to be roommates at the Colony for the next three years and I would have to say that, unlike the dorms, I would want to relive those fun times again. Our Colony days are material for a whole different post.

Anyways, fast forward 10 years...and we are both here in Colorado...about an hour away from each other...but definitely close enough for a visit. We also have the common ground of being lonely military wives. So...she invited the boys and I down for a sleepover with her and her 3 little ones.


Both of our husbands were in training so it was fun to be able to keep each other company. Mason had a blast playing with Kayla and Zack and of course the two of us had a blast reliving old memories and just picking up where we left off!
Of course this sleepover was different from any other we had had...this one had kids and babies trying to stay up with us and at the end of the night, we actually both WANTED to go to bed.

The next morning, they took us to Little Mr. Biggs which I am so hoping comes up closer to where we live. It was an all you can eat pizza, pasta, and salad bar for 4.99...but the best part was the play area. There were all sorts of fun activities including a carousel. The kids would still be playing there, I'm sure, if we didn't drag them away.

Thanks, guys for a fun sleepover!

Enjoying the ice cream after lots of playing

















Carter LOVED the carousel! Mason loved to ride it as long as he didn't have to be on the horse, so that worked out great!









4 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys are close enough to get together. And, boy, I could go for one of those pink cookies right now!

Beth said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I can't wait to get together again soon. I loved reading your post and thinking back about the beginning of our friendship. You are the best and I feel so fortunate to have you as a friend! It was great to finally get to see you be the fabulous mom that I always knew you'd be! See you soon!

Olivia said...

I'm jealous. I would love to see you both. I bet that was a lot of fun catching up. And an hour away is awesome. I was wondering how close you guys were to each other. You will have to plan get together more often. I find it makes time pass faster. Katie only lived a bit further than that when she lived in CA and we made the trip quite a few times. Miss you.

Julie said...

It's so fun that you guys get to live close together! :) Enjoy.