Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gotta have that sleep!

This happened a few weeks ago, and it has taken me forever to put it on. I was so excited to get the classic, falling asleep while eating picture of Mason. It was getting close to nap time, but Mason was also acting a little hungry. Rather than have him wake up early from his nap because he was so hungry, I decided to give him one of his favorite foods, cinnamon and sugar toast (Daddy was the one that first thought to give him that). Anyways, I cut up his toast, and started cleaning the kitchen, when I looked up, probably a minute later, this is the sight that I saw:

His head was bobbing and he was teetering in between sleep and consciousness. I ran to get the camera, and he tried to eat some last pieces of toast
If we would have had one of the bigger, more comfortable high chairs rather than this booster seat, he would have fallen asleep for sure. In this chair, though, there was no where to rest his head. As soon as I picked him up, he went to sleep and it was time for that wonderful time of the day...nap time!

2 comments:

Rudy said...

This is so silly!! I do the same thing with Rylee. I don't want her to take a nap hungry and then wake up early...us mom's cherish those times of doing nothing. Miss you tons too, he is so adorable!!!!

Katie said...

Love the pics! Funny, I was just telling Ryan a few days ago that Baylie has never even come close to falling asleep in her high chair (unfortunately, she just gets more wired instead of sleepy) and here you have the quintessential pose right here. Now Mason's childhood scrapbook can be complete!