Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Three Wonderful Years

This past Tuesday, David and I celebrated three years of being happily married. Randomly, it happened to be David's day off, so we were able to spend some extra time together. We decided to take the boys to do something fun out side. I always love going on hikes and had been wanting to do at least a nature walk for a long time. I was going to bring my newly purchased sling to carry Carter in, but I think that it is too big and that I'm going to have to return it.

Next, I thought that we could use the stroller. Once we got there, but before we really saw what the walk was like, David said that he didn't think that the stroller would handle very well, so I got to carry Carter the whole time. Luckily it wasn't too hard of a walk. :) I kept him all bundled up to protect him against the sun. Of course, once we had gone on the trail, we realized that it would have been perfect for a stroller-I guess we'll know for next time!







Mason had a great time. His legs are so tiny compared to ours, but he worked so hard and kept up with us. He walked a long ways, then Daddy offered to give him a ride.


All of that walking must have worn him out because on the way back, he fell fast asleep sitting up on his perch.














That evening, David and I took advantage of a couple gift cards that we had been holding onto for awhile to a fondue restaraunt called The Melting Pot. It's a really fun place to eat-you get to cook your fondue at the table. When we decided to bring Carter along, David was so cute, 'cuz he was concerned that it wasn't fair to Mason not to come.

He quickly realized that it would be funner for Mason to play at Grandma and Grandpa's house. :)




Doesn't it look like Carter enjoyed his night out with his parents? :)











Here he is starting to wake up...the whole Melting Pot experience is 2.5 to 3 hours. Considering that I fed Carter before we got there, he was not able to last the whole time without getting hungry.












Here is the pacifier doing its work.












And here is Carter being spoiled by getting to come out to the restaraunt with us. :)


It may seem wrong that there are more pictures of Carter than of us on our anniversary post, but we didn't want to keep asking the waiter to take pictures, and we are still trying to teach Carter to use the camera.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband! These past three years have been full of happiness and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us!

7 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

aww, thanks for posting all those pictures, your hike looks like fun, what a cute thing to do as a family. I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks, Carter and Mason have grown in the past month since I have seen them! Happy anniversary!

AJ and Cindy said...

PS: you should change your family picture and your about me so it is a little more updated... :)

AO said...

I am SO glad you got to experience the Melting Pot. It's definitely a splurge, but Ryan and I went there on an anniversary as well and LOVED it. Your boys are ADORABLE!

Linsi said...

Happy three years!! That's fun Carter got to celebrate with you. I love the pics of Carter and Mason, and it's so cute how Mason reads to him--what a fun big brother.So here's what I've learned with the slings: Most moms love the Maya wrap. You can get it online. It's more expensive but worth it. It takes a little practice to get the hang of it. My boys loved the sling the best when they had some head control. the baby bjorn is great too.

Happy Mother's Day!

Meg said...

Congratulations on 3 years. How fun. Your dinner looked great. I bet it felt good to get out. Carter is adorable. Can you believe you already have two kids and it has been three years? I am very happy for you guys.

candace said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Steve and I have always wanted to go to the Melting Pot and it just hasn't happened :\ Hopefully sometime..
Anyway, yes, I did have a spiral perm in our practice engagement pics. I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at our pics! It's always fun to see how people have changed over the years.
Your boys are just so adorable!

The Hillan Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I love the melting pot! Carter is so cute! Don't you feel like you can enjoy yourself more if you take the baby? I'm the same way!