Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

For those of you who read my sisters' blogs, this will be the fourth time that you will have read about this...so I don't blame you if you skip it...but I wanted it for our blog book at the end of the year, so here it is (I'm always a little behind on blogging):


We had a great Memorial Day Weekend! We were so lucky that both Grandpa and Grandma Park and Cindy and AJ were able to visit. We spent lots of time together and my parents graciously hosted the activities. The main reason that everyone was in town was that my youngest sister, Katie graduated from high school!


Congratulations Katie!


We are so proud of her! I am excited that she will be staying at Helaman Halls at BYU this fall. I'm not only excited because that is where I stayed, but also because they tore down DT this year and they are making some freshman stay in Wymount...I am glad that she didn't have to do that!


All things considered, Mason was pretty good during the ceremony. I had to spend a lot of time standing behind everyone with Carter, so David got to entertain him. Understandably...the little ones got a little bored, so we were glad that they were able to read books for a while (a nice, quiet activity!)
Here is Carter in his carrier after I had been holding him with a blanket covering his head for most of the ceremony. David said that he looked like a nun...


Diana has the shot from the other side of this picture on her blog. When there are lots of people around, whoever is holding one of the nephews, usually ends up holding both! If you notice, AJ is in the background with Tori on his shoulders...he is always willing to jump in and help the kids get the attention they all want!
Here is a group shot of the table at Marie Callendar's after graduation. Thanks again, Dad and Mom, that is such a fun tradition! If you'll notice, almost everyone in the picture is either eating or getting ready to. haha.
Here is Mason entertaining himself. We are thrilled that he has taken such an interest in unwrapping crayons...it can keep him occupied (and quiet) for up to 1/2 an hour! Here he has finished unwrapping them and decided to stuff them down his straw.
Grandpa Park made a treasure hunt for the kids where he hid coins in the sandbox in the back. Each child also had a 5 dollar bill buried for them somewhere. It was so fun to watch them get so excited about finding their treasure! Mason doesn't quite understand what money is yet, so as soon as his bag was full, he would promptly dump it out and start to refill it again.
Carter sure thought Grandpa and Grandma Park were neat! :)
Carter and Aunt Cindy really bonded during this weekend! He loved being held by her and was always happy. I was so glad that she got to be here and that she held Carter so much, and still managed to shower the other nephews and neices with attention and make them feel special!

3 comments:

Roger, Christy, Katie and Sophie said...

That looks like so much fun! A fun memorial day weekend! I just love your family! I miss you. Let me know if/when you came out here!

Ty Lyman said...

That was an update. Jake likes to peek in on you guys. It's fun to hear your life. Even if it's a repeat for some people. It wasn't for us. Great family you have.

Diana said...

I don't mind reading about it again. It was such a fun weekend! I love that picture of everyone eating at lunch at Marie Calendars. Cindy and Daniel's faces are my favorite =) lol